Gliffy on Confluence Cloud is incredibly expensive. It’s nearly the same cost as Confluence itself. I really need diagramming in Confluence, but my management will laugh when they see the cost. Is there any way to get a discount?
There’s no simple way, unfortunately. You could approach Gliffy directly and ask them.
However, there are a number of diagramming applications in Confluence Cloud, I’ll list them alphabetically:
- draw.io is the most used diagramming app in Confluence Cloud.
- Graphity is a new app, we haven’t tested it in detail.
- Graphviz is a text to image diagramming app.
- Lucidchart is an external app that connects to Confluence. It is also very expensive, though.
- PlantUML is a very popular text to diagram tool.
- Smartdraw, but we’re not sure we could recommend it, given the reviews.
Fore more general info on draw.io for Confluence or Jira, please refer to our draw.io webpage.
And some great blogposts! Blog - draw.io